Feb 5, 2013

Piper Update.


Piper Lou (Bee do bee do bee do bee do!) 


This little gal is 13 months old, and her vocabulary has EXPLODED over the last two months.  
She is an adorable, jabbering, wild little nut.
For Piper's record she says:
"Popper" (Piper) and she thinks that every picture of a baby is "Popper".
"Hose" (On the vacuum).
"Nose", and a related "Onk-Onk".
"Eyes." She refers to both my eyes and my glasses, as Eyes.
"Bite."
"Yesh" (Yes).
"Book."
"Jo Jo" and, "J".
"Ellie" and, "El".
"Gam" (Gram).
"Baby."
"Meme" (Minnie).
"Dopper (Diaper).
"Cacka" (Cracker).
"Wa" (Water).
"Dee" (Drink).
"Duh-bee" (Tubby).
"Ash" (Wash).
"Kiss"(Sounds more like the the i is missing, as if she's making the sound for the letter Xx), referring to both the action of a kiss, and ones "mouth". If I ask her where my "kiss" is, she'll pat my lips. It's pre much adorable.
"Dah-Dah", (Ya Ya) with a dramatic up and down head nod and eyebrow raise. The "Dah" head nod is her way of telling us when she really wants something. She whips it out when her desire is pretty serious. We joke that she's got a little bit of Russian in her.
"Dass" (Dance). She brings me my phone several times a day (it's got my iPod on it) and asks "Dass? Dah?"
"On."
"Off."
"Up."
"Hi."
"Bye!"
"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" and she raises her fists in the air.  She usually does this when we get out our big bin of bouncy balls, or she sees cookies.
"All done."  She drags this one out. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..... donnnnnnnnnne."
Open. A slow "Awe-pen".  She has a thing with bags, backpacks, and purses. Anything with a zipper. She'll bring them to me and say "Awe-pen?"
"Blot" (Block). And, ALL squares or rectangles she sees, are Blots.
"Ball." She knows what an actual ball is, but she also refers to any circle or round objects as balls.  I took her to Target a couple of weeks ago, and as we approached the front entrance, she spotted the big, red cement balls.  She put her hand on my face, like she does when she's excited and telling me to look, and yelled "Ball! See! Ball! Dah?".
"Out."
"See" Sometimes as a question, sometimes as a statement.
"Mon." (Come on).
"Shoes."
"Dots." (Socks)
"Ohhhhhh! Doooooo!" (Oh, Toodles!) She's a huge fan of Mickey Mouse Club House.  She also sings "Dog Dog" along with Mickey's Hot Dog Song. And yes, of course she dances along with the Hot Dog Dance!
"Fies" (Fries). This one I'm not proud of. Eh....er.
"Nigh" (Night).
"Ki-yee" (Kitty).
"Mooooow" (Meow).
"Bee" (Bink).
She says, "Nom nom nom" when she pretends to feed her babies or her kitties.
"Down."
"Go!"
"Bvvvvmmmmmm" (Car).
"Dum!" (Jump).
"Eat."
"Baba."
"Cheeeeee!" (Say Cheese, holding my phone up). 
"Mom. Mooooooooooo-um. Mom!" (After she wakes up from every nap, or in the car while I'm driving and not paying attention to her.)
"Tree" (Treat. Nope, not an actual tree.)
She growls for "Bear",  throws her head back and says "Mmmmmbbbbbbbbbbmmmmm!" for Elephant, and "Spits" for Camel. 
Her dog bark is more of a wolf's howl, but quicker "ah-ewe! ah-ewe!"  
She gives kisses for "Fish", and blows a big fat raspberry for "Horse".
"Uh-oh."
"Da-da" is now "Dad".
And last, but not least, my personal favorite. "Whoa!"  She says this when she falls down, or sees something that catches her attention.  We were driving on the freeway the other day, while it was raining pretty hard.  A large semi truck drove past us, and water splashed our windows. Piper raised her little eyebrows and said "Bbbmmmmmvvvvvv. Whoa whoa whoa!". It gave Jonas and I the giggles.
Piper has the best fake laugh.  She puts her face in her hands and bends in half, super dramatic like.  She also does a really great fake cry/whine.  She puts her face in her hands for this too, and bends over super dramatic like.  She usually does the fake whine (sitting at my feet), while I put my makeup on in the morning, or while I am making meals or snacks in the kitchen. It's awesome. And well, she also does a pretty great real cry.  Ellie has never been a tantrum thrower, and Jonas didn't throw his first tantrum until he was 3 years old, and didn't want to leave a new friend's playroom, when it was time to go home. But, Piper? Man, that girl can get herself seriously worked up if she doesn't get her way.  She throws herself straight back on the ground. No joke. Flat on her back.  Ryan took the remote from her the other day and she threw herself straight back a slammed her head on the wall pretty hard. It totally scares me!

Piper loves food. She's a great eater.  Bananas still top her list of favorite things to eat.  Her top molars are in, and her bottom molars broke through just yesterday. Hallelujah.  She has been such a happy little nugget today.  It feels like she's been teething her whole life (first tooth on the day she turned four months!), and I hope that we will finally get a break from the teething agony! While we are on the topic of her teeth, she loves to have her teeth brushed. It makes her giggle.  We brush them twice, sometimes ten times a day!

Piper naps like a champ these days.  Most afternoons I get a solid two hours from her. (Today I three!) She goes to bed every night at 7pm, and wakes up at 7:15am on the dot, every morning. Life is so good for all of us, now that Piper has finally decided that sleep is good for her:)

Piper loves to be squirted in the face with our "hair doing" water bottle. She begs, I spray, she gasps and runs away... and seconds later she is back to do it all over again.

More than anything, Piper loves to dance. She loves music, fast music with a really good beat.  The kids and I have a dance party every morning while we get ready for school ( I really struggle to get going in the morning. Kids dance parties help), and Piper and I have several more throughout the day.

She wants anything that Jonas has, all the time. Doesn't matter what it is.

 She begs Daddy to take her for rides on her "Minnie Ride" the second he walks in the door, home from work. He doesn't say it, but I know he loves it.

Piper spins in circles faster than any one year old I have ever seen. No seriously, we have it on video.  She whips herself around and around until she falls down, laughing at herself, and blinking her eyes as she tries to focus on the spinning room. Hilarious.

Piper can work an iPhone and an iPad. Her newest trick is tapping the photo icon and deleting my pictures.  She's taking a forced break from phone carrying duty in the car. (You know, because sometimes I hand her my phone while we are in the car to keep her happy, and stuff.)

She walks around humming and clacking her tongue.

She brings me a diaper and the wipies when she is poopy, hands them to me and then turns and runs.  The giggling and chasing ensues.  She thinks being chased is the funnest game ever invented. 

She climbs on everything. Everything.

She is great on the stairs. Climbs up, and slides down backwards.  I forgot what a relief it is when your baby finally masters the stairs!

Piper LOVES to color. She prefers markers over crayons, of course. We sit at the little table and color several times a day. She tries to hide herself and color on her hands or arms, but I usually bust her before she has a chance.  When I say "only on paper, Piper", she fake laughs. As if she's saying "Duh, Mom.  I was just teasing you, I wasn't really going to color on myself."

Piper loves books, and loves to be read to.  Any time we have a visitor, even strangers, she walks over to her bookshelf, and takes a book over to our guest saying "See? Dah?".  You'll see in these pictures that she's too interested in her books to look at me.  Truth is, she's figured out what the camera is, and that I want her to look at me.  So naturally, she refuses.  And, you actually can't see it very well, she just looks tired, but her right eye is a little swollen and there is a bruise on her cheek.  She pulled my nightstand over, on top of herself, and the corner of the metal lamp base hit her cheek.  She screamed until she was purple, and nearly passed out. Such a sad babe!  Did I mention she likes to climb? The little monkey was trying to use my nightstand as a ladder to get on top of my bed. I was sitting right there, just didn't realize the nightstand was that dangerous!

Anyway.  This little Pipey is most adorable. Swollen cheek, refusal to look at me, and all.
We just love her guts. And her fuzzy (with finally growing in a little, hair) head. She is our baldest one year old yet, and also our darkest. Her hair  is pretty blonde, but not white like her siblings, and it seems to be getting redder every day.  Maybe we'll end up with a little strawberry babe!










3 comments:

  1. Love. love. love. this age. She's so adorable! I love when their vocabulary comes about and hearing the way they pronounce words. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure she's only 13 months? That description sounds like she's closer to 2! Awesome little geller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. She's so grown up, it's ridiculous. It's adorable, and a little sad. The doctor thought she was 18 months old at a recent appointment, and I thought I might cry.

      Delete